Tuesday 2 December 2008

The Right and the Wrong

Another sorrow matter...
I have been already working 1 year as a society president... All the while I thought it was alright, but recently, some people just tell me I have done a terrible year and bull shitting...

Now, I managed to continue my another year as a society president... Was it really because there are lack of capable people to take over that positions? Or was it because I am getting more abitious and enjoy the status of "President"??

I am sure there are people who are capabled or who I have not explored their potentials... and I do enjoy working with these people as it just make me to have a better school experience... However, none of them have convince me that they are totally alright to take things over... I need a president who is ambitious, and firm... Why other society will have candidates willing to sign up as president and try their best to go around get votes while my society dont... My ex vice-president thinks that they will able to do it as long you give them the position... To me, it will be pride if taken willingly and burden if you are not.

She told me that I shd communicate with my members more and not my friends... Its true I am weak in this ring... but if I have more free time in any of the event, I will make initiative to talk to them...

Handle people is definitely an issue....There is a ppl who dont like me on the first day, I tried, but it seems it will be not possible for us to be friends.... And she has a heavy influencial power to my committee previously... In my mind, she always restrict my freedom to execute my power... order my committee member to do this and that... Even come out with long email of discouragement... I think she is totally "JB" to be honest....point here and there.... who the hell is she.... just because she is my senior (though she is yonger than me), she can have the right to critise...have she been going through all this before? Stress from members, committee, student guild, everywhere...*Stop here before I start swearing.

Anyway, my previous boss also did tell me to improve my EQ.... calm down even if you are angry...smile and never show your anger to people externally...I hope I can really do that...but that will not be me anymore...

No comments: