Tuesday 4 August 2009

Summer Updates

It has been the second month of my summer holiday.
Supposing this was my last summer holiday (if I exclude the waiting period for Master Programme, well, if I succeed).

This holiday was a heaven and hell for me...

The first few week was extremely blimey, I got to fly to Singapore for 6 days. I tried to meet as many friends as I could (nevertheless, few were not able to due to tight schedule and I'm truly sorry, but anyway, you can always feel my existence either on Msn or Facebook..lolx).

Oh year, Matthew complained my poor usage of English on my blog, and I would try to improve them, but couldn't be blame because I usually update my blog when I was half conscious.

Continuing my heaven story (SG), nice place, delicious food, loads of Chio Bu (美女), but no chance to grab one (**evil**). Everyday was exhausted when I returned to hotel, but it was definitely worth tiring.

I managed to convince my parents to bring them over either on my next summer break or after my master.

When I returned to Hong Kong, I managed to enjoy 2 weeks before my year 2's result was released. The waiting period was definitely a hell to me. The date was postpone from end Jun to mid Jul. Worst still, the overall decision was released and then the results followed few days later. I got a "cannot proceed due to you may have failed 1 or more subject" thinggy.

Then, I started hearing many people failing this and that, even have friends who need to repeat their year 2 and their modules will be graded a "pass" no matter how high they scored.

During my poly days, I had never failed any modules or graded at just pass level. Neither I did fail any subjects in any major examinations during secondary school. The hit really hurts, although there were more who were much more painful, but my high expectation and character really tearing me apart. Although my parents tried not to raise an issue, but when they keep asking me "Has your results released? Will you able to graduate next year? What if this and that?" made me even more upset. Am I disappointing them? Will I still able to get a 2.1 Degree? Will I still able to apply for Master?

For that week, although I tried to act as "No big deal" in front of most, but when it was night and quiet, I always got panic of my result (not released). It's like you knew you were sentenced to death but you just have no idea which method they will be using. I started to get horror dreams, woke up in the middle of the night, and my temper were really bad at that week.

When the result were released few days later (which felt like a year to me), 1 subject failed and required supplementary examination. Another worried aroused, the school changed its policy that international students needa returned to UK to take the examination. When will my examination? Do I need to go back early? Buy an extra ticket? Where am I gonna stay? All these troubles bombarded in my head.

Somehow, I was really lucky...that the school only required me to do a referred coursework rather than examination. That mean I could continue staying in Hong Kong and just submit the coursework through email. When I knew that outcome, I was totally relieved.

Looking back, probably I did not exert my 100% in my revising, or is it because there is a problem with my answering technique? I got to explore and investigate them in this coming school term.

This experience need to tattoo deep in my mind, so that I could work harder in the final year.

No comments: